The SANDBOX is a completely decentralized and community-driven gaming ecosystem where the players can create their own Digital assets such as swords, terrain, cars, mythical creatures etc. and upload them as Non-Fungible tokens. Later on they can use the game maker to create a gaming experience with the drag and drop functionality or they can sell their digital assets on Marketplace.
All the buying and selling of Digital Assets (NFT’s) is done using SAND, the platform’s utility token. Lately, they have secured some great partnerships including Atari, Shaun the Sheep, stryking.io and CryptoKitties, a game where you can purchase, collect, breed and sell cats.
The Sandbox Ecosystem
The Sandbox gaming ecosystem consists of three integrated products that together provide a comprehensive experience for user generated content (UGC) content production.
- VoxEdit: It’s a simple to use yet very powerful tool to create and animate 3D models such as people, animals, foliage, and tools, and export them into The Sandbox Marketplace to be used as Assets of the game. (Look at the short video above to see how it works).
- Marketplace: The Sandbox’s Marketplace allows users to upload and sell their digital assets made in VoxEdit as tokens. (Both ERC-721 and ERC-1155 tokens).
- Game Maker: It’s the third and most important ecosystem product. Anyone who owns an Asset, either by creating it through VoxEdit or by purchasing it through the Marketplace, can use them with Game Maker. It enables users to place and use their ASSETS within a piece of land (ERC-721 token) that they can own in the virtual world. Users can implement interesting gameplay mechanics by assigning predefined behaviors to ASSETS through visual scripting nodes, turning a LAND into a fully fledged gaming experience or they can just decorate their piece of LAND using ASSETS.
A creator gets full control and copyright over his/her creation including how it is to be used in a BOX, whether it is to be used as a unique item like a main building, or a common item that can be duplicated like a tree.
The originality of the creation is maintained using IPFS(InterPlanetary File System). The model is first uploaded to an IPFS Network to be stored securely in the network. Once this is done, it automatically links the hash ID that IPFS network provides into the token itself to relate the actual Voxel model of the token.
After this process the creator effectively has an ASSET token that represents his or her unique creation.
SAND is an ERC-20 Ethereum powered utility token of The Sandbox to be used within the platform. It has got following uses:
- Access The Sandbox platform: Players spend SAND in order to play games, buy equipment or customize their avatars and can collect SAND through gameplay. Creators spend SAND to acquire ASSETS, LANDS. LAND sales drive demand for SAND to purchase LANDS. Artists spend SAND to upload ASSETS to the Marketplace and buy gems for Rarity and Scarcity.
- Governance: SAND is a governance token that allows holders to participate in Governance decisions of the platform, using DAO structure. They can exercise voting rights on key elements such as Foundation grant attributions to content and game creators and feature prioritization on the platform Roadmap. SAND owners can vote themselves or delegate voting rights to other players of their choice.
- Fee Capture model = 5% of all transaction volume carried out in SAND tokens (Transaction Fees) shall be allocated with 50% to the Staking Pool as rewards for token holders that Stake SAND tokens and 50% to the ”Foundation.”
- Foundation: The role of the Foundation is to support the ecosystem of The Sandbox, offering grants to incentivize high quality content & game production on the platform. To date, the Foundation has funded over 15 game projects and granted 100 artists to produce NFTs ahead of the public Launch in December 2020. The overall valuation of the metaverse grows through the valuation of all games funded by the Foundation, creating a virtuous circle to enable funding bigger games.
Now that we’ve learned all about The Sandbox and SAND token, I’ll be leaving you here with a short video of it’s gameplay. Watch and Enjoy :
I hope you found what you were looking for in this post, If you’ve any other query, you can let me know in the comment section below.
Follow us on Twitter for all the latest updates.